Application serverUp one level
Web Server; Etc.
- The Apache HTTP Server Project is an effort to develop and maintain an open-source HTTP server for modern operating systems including UNIX and Windows NT. The goal of this project is to provide a secure, efficient and extensible server that provides HTTP services in sync with the current HTTP standards. Apache has been the most popular web server on the Internet since April of 1996. The October 2004 Netcraft Web Server Survey found that more than 67% of the web sites on the Internet are using Apache, thus making it more widely used than all other web servers combined.
- Apache Jakarta Tomcat
- Tomcat is the servlet container that is used in the official Reference Implementation for the Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages technologies.
- JBoss Application Server has become a recognized leader in the Java application server market.
- Zope is an open source application server for building content managements, intranets, portals, and custom applications. The Zope community consists of hundreds of companies and thousands of developers all over the world, working on building the platform and Zope applications. Zope is written in Python, a highly-productive, object-oriented scripting language
- Red Hat Application Server
- Red Hat Application Server is an open source middleware platform, layered between the operating system and applications, that provides the foundation for linking systems and resources dispersed across the network. It comprises a runtime system and associated development libraries for creating and deploying Java-based Web applications with dynamic content.