File and print servicesUp one level
- Samba is an Open Source/Free Software suite that provides seamless file and print services to SMB/CIFS clients. Samba is freely available under the GNU General Public License.
- Smb4K - The SMB Share Browser for KDE
- Smb4K is a SMB (Windows) share browser for KDE. It uses the Samba software suite to access the SMB shares of the local network neighborhood. Its purpose is to provide a program that's easy to use and has as many features as possible.
- CUPS - Common UNIX Printing System
- The Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS") is a cross-platform printing solution for all UNIX environments. It is based on the "Internet Printing Protocol" and provides complete printing services to most PostScript and raster printers.
- Foomatic is a database-driven system for integrating free software printer drivers with common spoolers under Unix. It supports CUPS, LPRng, LPD, GNUlpr, PPR, PDQ, CPS, and direct printing with every free software printer driver known to us and every printer known to work with these drivers.